Thursday, January 31, 2013

Purple Prep

I always have big plans for getting some sewing done in the evenings while Kurt is out of town.  Usually I am about done by the end of my day as a single parent and collapse on the couch instead of getting something useful accomplished.  This time though, I focused on getting a little bit of purple preparation done, and made nice progress.   Every purple block is at least partially ready to go.  Some just have fabric and a pattern collected into a baggie and some are prepped for applique or cut out and ready to sew.  These three just happened to get finished while the sorting and organizing was underway.  The first block is H-2, Jacob Anthony. The one is the middle is C-5, Eye of the Cyclone.  Last on the right is J-4 which is called Adeline's Apron Strings.
Science Fair is this weekend, it is Anna's turn this time, she will be at the mall all day Friday and half a day Saturday.  Sydney still has the second level to look forward to, so the season isn't quite over yet.  They are both looking forward to wearing their new clothes, I'll have to remember to take a picture.  

11 comments:

Kate said...

Very pretty blocks. Purple is such a vibrant color to work with.

Good luck to Anna this weekend. DT is headed to our district Science Fair all day Saturday. Elementary grades are Friday night from 6 to 9 (I'm judging).

Jeanne said...

Is purple the rainbow color for February?
Jeanne

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Ah yes, purple. Looking great.

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

I think I have some purples lurking around my sewing room!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I was actually hoping for purple (I have my purple & pink 5" charms stored in the same bin). I still have pink Birds in the Air blocks on my wall and just love them. Good luck at the Science Fair!

Lynne said...

Ah yes, preparation is the ket to productivity!

Ellen said...

The blocks look so nice in purple!

Ellen said...

The blocks look so nice in purple!

Deb A said...

Pretty purple blocks! I'm finding that at the end of the day all I can do is sit on the couch lately. Great job getting things done as a busy single parent this week.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Very cute blocks :)

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh boy! PURPLE!!!!