Sunday, January 20, 2013

Slow Stitch Sunday Dear Jane Times Two

I had fun this week trying out some new thread from redrock threads.  I ordered some hand quilting thread for my small blue Dear Jane and some rainbow silk hues for the big Rainbow Jane applique blocks.  I also ordered some quilting needles in size 12 and size 9.  The 12s were so tiny I couldn't even get the thread through the eye, but the 9s did the job nicely.  It was a busy week with lots of evening events and an out of town husband, so it was nice to feel like I was accomplishing something while sitting through football and piano and such.  I got a couple more blocks quilted as well as a handful of applique blocks sewn down. Today has been mostly about cleaning and organization.  I was ready to sew some more geese for Hawaii Sunset, but the paper piecing foundations were missing in action.  When something is missing, my favorite strategy is to clean until it shows up.  Worked like a charm too, there is floor space in the sewing studio and I got a bunch of geese units done.  It is another Downton Abbey night so I will have some more hand sewing time.  Especially with no school tomorrow, I might just stitch the evening away.  Kathy is hosting slow stitching Sunday, head over to see what handwork everyone is settling down to enjoy at the end of the week.  

7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

What's the block count on the blue Jane quilt? You must be half way done with all the stitching you've done!
I'm using a size 10 needle...the 12's are really tiny!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!
Enjoy your evening!

Teresa in Music City said...

Love your system for finding lost items :*) I have had to put Hawaii Sunset on the back burner for way too long! As soon as I get Easy Street together I'll get back to it. We're watching the Playoffs tonight, but I've got Downton Abbey taping - Love it!!!

Beth in MN said...

Your system of finding items has worked for me also!! LOL It is amazing what a person finds when they clean and then the item is usually in plain view and didn't need to clean after all!!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Blocks are looking great, I am off to order some thread and needles too. One day this week, maybe I will get the cutting table cleaned off and find my scissors that have been missing in action for quite some time now. I am almost positive they are on that table, but when the fabric is 6 inches deep, you can't feel them anymore.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great fun to have new thread. I love silk thread of my hexies and applique. I am off to look at Dear Jane quilts. I thinking I may need my graph paper for this one. Do most people do the blocks in the given order? I am think of some kind of rainbow like you have started.

Debbie said...

Very funny...yes...it's a good idea to clean up when suddenly missing something! I too have trouble with small quilting needles having eyes that are too small for thread.

Diane Kelsey said...

I needed to have a clear up in my room as there was no longer any space to move. An added bonus was that I found two missing items. I still have done more tidying to do, I wonder what else will turn up.