It has been ages since I have done a before and after. Mostly because I forget to the take a picture before I start. I had just started tearing everything out of this cabinet in the laundry room when I remembered to go and grab the camera. Most of what is in here are collections of t-shirts for future t-shirt quilts. As Anna and Ryan have both finished elementary school now, it is the perfect time to tackle making quilts for them both out of all of their primary school memories. Anna helped with the cutting and just a few hours later we had separated the interesting parts and sorted them into piles by people.
A huge back of sleeves and scraps have gone out to the trash and there is empty space in the cabinet! Each person now has a jumbo sized ziploc bag with nicely trimmed shirts waiting for their turn in line. The only other thing in the cabinet that warranted keeping was a stack of home decor fabric. I keep it segregated from my quilting fabric, and it is now folded and organized.
Since Anna helped with the manual labor, her quilt is first in line. This is the layout she has planned so far. There was a neighborhood party at the park this afternoon, but when it was over we started ironing on interfacing and trimming the blocks to size. We had a nice assembly line going with Anna ironing and me cutting. I think it is about half done so far, but we are all taking a break for dinner.