Sunday, November 10, 2013

4 Months on the Frame

 I can't remember ever leaving a quilt on the frame for so long.  Life does get in the way of quilting though, and a project set aside is easy to leave after a while. I'm not sure if I'll try to bind this one right away or start the great sewing room clean up.  Tomorrow is a school holiday in any case, so I'll have another day to play.
 Here is the back, a random assortment of blue squares that made a big dent in the scrap bin.  I'm headed off to Boston for a work trip on Thursday, so I really should start to think about finding some warm clothes to pack.  A group of 5 teachers from our county is going to a workshop on brain based learning.  I am really excited to go even though it is another day out of the classroom.  My students seem to miss me which is nice of them.  

6 comments:

Kathy S. said...

I like it! Love the saying!

Amy said...

Boston!?!? WOW! That's a distance for you :)

And yet again we have so many similarities! I also have a quilt that has been on the frame since our push this summer (before life got in the way). I ALMOST got up to working on it today, but.... the Hallmark channel and my crochet hook seemed more my pace :)

Enjoy your trip!

Teresa in Music City said...

Have a great trip and dress warmly :) Your Shoot for the Moon quilt is wonderful, and I love the scrappy back :) Don't worry about how long it is taking you to finish it, just enjoy it.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

At least you quilted yours, I took mine OFF the frame after it sat there for 10 months, I wadded it in a ball, and threw it on a chair in the corner. Then I pinned on another one, and pinned the top and back to the wrong rails, urgh. Yes life gets in the way, but it lets up just long enough, when we need it the most. Back to the sewing room...tomorrow, to un-pin, then repin, then quilt this one. Have fun in Boston. Do they have any great quilt shops there????

Ellen said...

I really like the saying too...perfect words to live by! I am glad you were able to finish the quilting. It does get it just that much closer to being used and loved.

Kate said...

Sometimes life is just that full. Enjoy your trip to Boston. Hopefully you'll have some catch up time soon.