Sunday, December 15, 2013

Making a List

I spent some time in the sewing room this morning taking stock.  It is always nice to start the new year with an idea of what to look forward to.  I pondered that today as I tried to make a list of all of the things I might be working on this year.  Some are in WIP (works in progress), some are UFOs (unfinished fabric objects), and some are NSY (not started yet).  While making the list, it occurred to me that I hadn't worked on my Blue Dear Jane in quite a while.  I'm not sure why it got put on the back burner, probably needing to clean up for company.  Still, making the list has inspired me to pull it out again and take a few stitches.  I'm sure I can find a block to finish off this evening before I pull out some school work to finish off.  Just one more week of school before the winter holiday.  Time to cross everything off my school to do list for the semester!
I hope you have a few minutes during the busy holiday season to sit quietly with some handwork.  Head over to Kathy's Quilts to see what other hand sewers are working on this weekend.  

13 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I cleaned my studio about a week ago. I am slowly and I mean slowly getting some things done. I still have a lot of stitches to put in before I get caught up, maybe that will never happen!

sophie said...

I find myself being torn between some WIPS I'd like to finish and so many new ideas. My goal for 2014 will be to find the balance between old projects and new ones. But first, I'm cleaning and re-arranging my studio.

Deb A said...

It must be the week for lists! I made a list of all my in progress things - a page full! I was wondering about this blue DJ quilt. Enjoy some slow stitches before a last hectic week of school.

Quilting By Celia said...

I do the same as you and just love hand writting everything....
good luck with your goals for 2014 and thank you for everything you do for us !

Sewing In CT said...

Won't the break feel good?
I have many NSY in my head and a few WIPs. I am looking forward to the break to play with them all!
The blue DJ is pretty. I have a Kathy Doughty pattern NSY that has a lot of large applique and you know a DJ is also on my list. Maybe in 2014~

Teresa in Music City said...

Every time I see that blue/white Dear Jane I drool!!! Such loveliness!!! I'm making the same lists - giving priorities - trying to get focused in the right direction for 2014 :*)

Amanda said...

My list is in my head, but there's not a lot on it. You seem to have plenty to keep you busy next year. I love your blue and white DJ, so pretty. I'm about to start prepping some hand work for a big new hand project, one of the house quilts from Yoko Saito's house book; it's a bit daunting, but if I don't start I'll never have one.

Sheila said...

I'm afraid to make a list.
Oh my. Love your blue Dear Jane!

Ivani said...

I need to make a list for 2014. Your blue and whit Dear Janes looks fantastic. Hugs from Brazil.

Elly D said...

Just been trying to revamp my blog ready for getting back to it next year and have been editing my list of WIPs on my list there. Seeing yours I realize I've another one to add to my list and that's the Temecula mini sampler. Love your blue Dear Jane!

Kate said...

I need to make a list as well. Maybe now that Christmas shopping is done and I've started my holiday vacation, that will float to the top of my list.

Andee said...

Great minds think alike! I was doing this this week too!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's funny how quilts disappear and then re-appear!
So happy to see this one again!