Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Twas the Day Before Christmas

I am absolutely terrified of messing up my Midget Block quilt with the machine quilting part, but I am giving it a shot.  I keep comparing myself to fabulous machine quilters whose work I drool over on a regular basis.  There is Judi over at Greenfairy Quilts.  Then there is Leah Day at Free Motion Quilting.  Even Natalia and Kathleen at Piece and Quilt.   Guess what, my quilt won't look that good.  They are professionals and I am just a regular person.  I'm OK with that.  Still, I a sitting here hoping I don't mess things up with the quilting.
 So, two blocks in, going slow, and hoping for the best.
I'm doing a small meander, you might even call it a stipple, in the background. Trying not to do too much in the blocks themselves.  Just a bit of echo quilting to add a bit of dimension.  So two blocks down, Just 119 left to go.  

7 comments:

Linda said...

It looks great and I know you will do a fabulous job. Enjoy it and relax and have fun with it. Merry Christmas!

Julianne said...

Your quilting looks great!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I agree we shouldn't compare ourselves to professionals. I think that is why I don't machine quilt I am too hard on myself. I like what you are doing and your blocks look great!

Ellen said...

I think your quilting looks great. I have a few quilts that I have been waiting to quilt, you know... 'waiting until I can be a better quilter'. I think I need to take a lesson from you and just do it and enjoy it and then ultimately enjoy the finished quilts!!

Deb A said...

Good lesson! I think your quilting looks great and really makes those two blocks pop. Great job.

Lynne said...

We sometimes need to remind ourselves about the strengths we do have when all those feelings of inadequacy threaten to squash it. Having said that, have you seen the work done by Kay at Borderline Quilts?

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Kate said...

The quilting looks great!