Monday, January 13, 2014

OMG!

 50 people linked up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge post on Saturday!  A new record.  It has been so much fun to see the variety of projects and scraps that people are working on.  If you haven't checked lately, you should go back to the post and look at some of the later links.  WOW!  Some of the recent additions are fabulous.
I get tickled every time I see someone making the RSC Sampler blocks.  What fun!  You can take a peek at the pinterest page if you are one of those impatient people (like me) who are tempted to jiggle the presents under the tree before Christmas morning.  There are some blocks there that will be showing up in the future.
I finally finished sorting 2 gallons of HST blocks.  There was a giant Ziploc bag of "bonus" blocks that had been aging nicely for -- well -- a while.  I thought perhaps I would be more likely to use them up if they were with the colored scraps that I have been playing obsessed with recently. I'm still not sure what they will become, but I am sure they are more likely to get used up now that they are not all segregated and sad.  

8 comments:

Angie said...

WOW - 50! Last time I checked, it had not yet climbed that high, but the number was still impressive. This is really going to be a fun year of scraps! Thanks for the "teaser" Pinterest page - that will help me not fall (too far) behind.

Amy said...

Yay you!!!! Thanks for organizing the RSC yet again :)

Ahhh.....sorting the bonus triangles; what an idea. I most definitely have OOOOOODLES of blue/neutral due to my Star Struck in blue a few years back.

So many "squirrel" moments going on lately! It's so hard to stay focused on one project.

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow! There will be plenty of inspiration from the RSC this year :*) So glad a lot more bloggers are finding it and enjoying it! Your HST's are going to be so happy to grow up and become quilts ♥

Sheila said...

50 links! Wow. Congratulations. You're a good cheerleader, Angela :D

Dasha said...

Have a look at the post here: http://starwoodquilter.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/windblown-square-quilt-block-and.html There is a link to a great block called Windblown square which uses a lot of HSTs.
Sorting scraps is not my ideas of fun, so good onya!

Ellen said...

That is an impressive number - so much fun and inspiration!

Quilter Kathy said...

FUN! And still more fun!

Kate said...

I checked out a number of those posts, there are some really fun scrappy projects going on this year. I'm really enjoying the sampler blocks, I've got 4 of them done.