Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Winding Down

School is officially starting to wind down.  We are reviewing for end of the year exams which will happen starting next Wednesday.  Though I did spend a bit of time this evening updating grades, mostly we have been baking.
 
 ANOTHER administrator at work is having a baby. No quilts this time, she already has all that she needs for nursery supplies, and so we are having a book shower.  The assignment was to find a snack and a book that tied together in some way to bring to the shower.  I chose If you Give a Mouse a Cookie because I just happen to have a mouse cookie cutter.  Sydney made sugar cookies for me.  She didn't want any help at all until it came to clean-up time.
 Anna was working of these caramel cookies from Chile for her Spanish celebration next week.  She wanted to try a practice batch first to perfect the recipe.
 Clean-up was an all hands on deck party because our dishwasher is broken!  We went this weekend and ordered a new one, but it has to be ordered and delivered.  We will all get a bit of practice with hand washing in the next few days.
 Monday was a big day for Anna.  This was the last photo of her with braces.
Here she is with her shiny straight teeth!  She celebrated by eating popcorn for lunch and dinner and snack.  She hasn't had any in the last two years and is making up for lost time.  
So no sewing tonight, but I have at least one or two blocks I would love to sneak in before the end of the month.  I am looking forward to putting away my purple and looking for greener pastures.  How about you?

13 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, what a sneaky way to reveal the color! I'm very excited for a new color, and also very excited for the school year to wind down.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Green my favorite color! Can't wait to start pulling out the greens tomorrow!

Andee said...

Yay for moving on to green..seems like we slide through the rainbow SO fast! I love it!

Cinder Gal said...

i was hoping green would be the next color because I have some leftover green blocks from last year that have just been waiting for the green month.

Great idea for the shower. I like your choice of book.

Rebecca in AK said...

All the cookies look yummy!! Anna has a beautiful smile! I know how glad she is to have those braces off. On to green! Yeah!

Sheila said...

What a beautiful smile!
Sydney and Anna did a great job on the cookies. Yummy!
On my. GREEN!

Ellen said...

Yummy...cookies. I think a lot quicker to bake the cookies than to make a quilt.

Anna is a beauty!

Deb A said...

Those look yummy! Green - so excited. Her teeth look great - nice and shiny and straight. I swapped between popcorn and caramel when mine came off! Love the sticky stuff too.

Terri said...

Thanks for the hint! Your daughter is lovely. Love the looks of the cookies, too, but that is all I can do - look.
And thanks for the Bento Box tutorial. I've been wanting to try that pattern.
Hugs

Sharm said...

I'm running behind on my purples... are we up to green already... Well May is the Emerald!

Nell's Quilts said...

Greener pastures it is. I'll have to pack up the purples just as soon as I catch up on the purple blocks. I'm hoping I'll find some lovely variety in my green scraps.

Quiltdivajulie said...

LOVE green . . . great photos of your daughter. We have a set like that for each of our sons (can it be THAT long ago?).

Kate said...

The end of the school year is coming fast. I know Drama Teen is ready to quit studying for a while.

Congrats to Anna on getting the braces off.