Friday, August 8, 2014

Look What I Made!

 I've been thinking of making some pretty color coordinated scrap baskets.  I was planning making them from scraps of course.  First though, before making a bunch of scrap fabric with strings and crumbs, I thought I'd work on a prototype.  I found this cute fairy fabric in Mom's stash.  She wasn't a quilter, but she had some fabric that she used for crafts, and my sister brought it to me when she came to visit.
 I used some foam board in the bottom for stability, but the sides fold down for storage.  I might try foam board in the front and back.
I measured it so that three will fit across the little shelves that Kurt put in the closet in my sewing room.  Now I just need two more to fill up the shelf!

9 comments:

Sheila said...

Cute! Love the fabric.

Scrappy quilter said...

Cute and cute fabric. Love the idea

Ellen said...

Great idea! The fairy fabric is really cute.

Sewing In CT said...

Nice way to keep your mom close!

Jo said...

Well done. They will look great

Rebecca in AK said...

I love this little basket! Such a clever idea!

Nell's Quilts said...

Another great scrap happy project in the works. Your scraps will be so neat and organized.

Bonnie said...

Very clever of you. Is there a tutorial in your future?

Kate said...

Very cute little basket. A great way to use up scraps and promote organization.