Friday, August 22, 2014

New Quilt Rack

 Look what came in the mail today!  Some assembly required, but it wasn't long before my new  rack was up and ready for quilts.
 It has five rungs.  The finish is called gunstock I think.
And it angles out from the wall a bit.  I've been wanting to have a place to hang quilts for quite a while, and finally found an Etsy seller with a style that I liked.  I'm really pleased.
The first week of school is over and I think I will celebrate with a bit of sewing while the boys are off at football.  I brought home a bit of grading to catch up on, but I'll save that for our car trip tomorrow.  Not quite as much fun as hand quilting or applique, but I guess its my fault for assigning summer reading.  It was optional, but the kids who chose to do it seemed to really enjoy the books they chose.

11 comments:

Andee said...

Kathy has been "gonna make me one" for a long time now, I am checking out buying one..I love yours!

Lori said...

I love your new quilt rack!

Dasha said...

Nice! But I have always wondered what you do with the lower rungs. Minis? Or heaps of folds?

Vicki W said...

That is really nice!

Julie in GA said...

Your new quilt rack looks great!
I might ask for one like that my next birthday.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Ooh... I've been wanting one too. Love yours - thanks for including the seller. I keep thinking I'll ask my handyman to make one but never do!

Lilian Pilar said...

Me ha encantado el expositos de quilts.
Abrazos

Gina said...

It's great. I'd love one but I have no idea where I'd put it so all my quilts are folded up on a chair xx

Jo said...

I really like the quilt rack. I wish I had room for one of these.
I wasn't able yo join in Scrap Happy Saturday today. I was out meeting 15 new quilting friends. Quite a few from Blogging land

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love it!!!!

Kate said...

Great way to display your quilts. Love the ones you've got on it now.