Thursday, August 7, 2014

Playing with Postage Stamps

 While making the giant postage stamp blocks, I also turned out a big ole stack of smaller blocks. These little guys have just 36 squares per block.  I was thinking of something with a chevron kind of feel.
Here it is from the other side.  Still need more orange blocks, along with a light and dark neutral.  Baby blues would be good too.
There is absolutely nothing we have to do today.  Looking forward to another day of puttering around the house.  Hopefully the kids won't go stir crazy.  They are pretty good at that.  

9 comments:

Dasha said...

How cute are those little rainbow postage stamp blocks! Might just have to do some as leaders and enders.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love how you are doing these by color. I am doing sixteen patches with all my small scraps that I cut into 1.5 inch squares. They are fun to sew on days you just want to sit behind the machine and chain stitch.

Quilter Kathy said...

Awesome quilt in the making!
If the kids get bored, put them to work in the sewing room :)

Sara said...

These are really pretty. I've been collecting postage stamp pieces for a couple of years but now I'm thinking I should reorganize them by colors.

Andee said...

I am loving the look of that!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That looks like fun - heres to a quiet day for the kids ;-)

Ellen said...

I love the layout!!

Sheila said...

Interesting. Love those colorful scrappy blocks. Most excellent idea for next year. Thanks : )

Kate said...

Great lay out! I may have to try a few of those postage stamp blocks (once I finish a few quilts).