Sunday, December 21, 2014

Loose Ends

The end of the year is such a nice time to take stock on ongoing projects.  I spent a good deal of the afternoon tidying up projects to figure out which ones will continue to next year and which ones I should try to finish up now.

The giant postage stamp quilt is almost done.  I just need to add the lattice and cornerstones around the border and then do a nice ironing job on the lot.  I still have scads of postage stamps, so I'll try to finish off the smaller version of the same blocks next year.
I finished off Mai Tai Sunrise with rainbow nine patches this year.  There are, of course, lots of extra nine patches though, so I was trying out new patterns for those.  Such fun!  I think I am going to do something similar to the baby quilt that Bonnie Hunter just finished.  I tried it out this afternoon and I think it will work beautifully.

These applique baskets have been going on for a while now.  I want to start an orange peel quilt this year though, so finishing off the baskets is now at the top of the list.  I think I have enough already prepped, it is just a matter of putting them in the ready bag so they can come along for the next quiet moments of waiting.  I am picturing small lattice strips for this in random bright colors with plain large setting triangles.  As a sign of my dedication to getting it done, I'll leave it up on the wall until the last blocks are done.  Do you have any handwork projects in the works?  Check out Kathy's Quilts and Handwork Sunday to admire all the slow stitching going on in blogland.

8 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I forgot you were stitching baskets... they are so cute!

Suzy said...

Lookin' good! Enjoy your vacation and have a great Christmas and New Year! :o)

Katie Z. said...

Beautiful! I love the lattice.

Sheila said...

I love your Giant Postage Stamp quilt progress! And you sweet little baskets. Those scrappy postage stamp blocks are on my list of blocks to make : )

Jo said...

I really like the large postage stamp idea. The sashing really fits in well with the whole Quilt. Well done

Kate said...

Looks like you made lots of progress this weekend. It's nice to have a few finishes at the end of the year, it makes you feel good when you can start the new year with a few less projects the need to be completed.

Have a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy your stitching time.

Ellen said...

Your postage stamp quilt has come along beautifully. I love those little baskets!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I really like your postage stamp quilt. What size are the squares?