Friday, December 19, 2014

New York Beauty 5

 Yesterday was a supersize day and a half.  Finishing up exams is greuling, science fair is in full swing, and Christmas festivities are frantic.  I came home exhausted and collapsed at 9 something.  Passing out at 9 something came with waking up at 4 something, and I felt like getting some work done.  So here is New York Beauty block 5!  Very sunny, right?
 Look at the spark that it adds to the NYB wall so far.  Who knew I could do that?  I sure didn't!
I have been officially tasked with construction of new science fair boards for next year.  We've been using these giant wooden tri-folds.  This year we got a big fancy printer though, and these PVC frames are supposed to support the printed posters at fair.  It should be much easier to transport.  Kurt did the cutting, 'cause I'm a little terrified of large power tools.  I've just been doing the assembly at school between exams.  So, 15 down, 45 more to go.
Speaking of count downs.  LAST DAY before winter break.  Just two exams today and then finishing the grading and the last minute odds and ends.  Yahooo! 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW--you are so busy! I love your NYB's--I have a book of them by Valori Wells and would like to add that to my (growing sigh...) list for next year....you are right--that yellow/orange is a sparkler...hugs and TGIF Julierose

Deb A said...

What a beautiful ray of sunshine you created! Hope the last day goes smoothly.

Ellen said...

It is coming along beautifully!

Andee said...

A teacher's work is never done! NYB is looking good too!

Dasha said...

Those NY Beauty blocks are stunning - all of them! Well done.

Kate said...

The NY Beauty blocks are gorgeous!

Hope you got all your grading done and turned in so you can enjoy the holiday break.