Friday, April 3, 2015

Good Days Work on Good Friday

Kurt wanted to play volleyball this morning and had to go off to a work meeting this afternoon.  Sydney had a sleepover and Anna had LAX practice followed by a visit to her BF.  All of that left me with plenty of time to sew.  Well, not sew really, but to iron and cut.  A morning visit to Redbox left me with plenty of entertainment from Into the Woods and Lucy while I toiled the day away.  It was fun figuring out how to make the best use of the design space on each shirt.  I ended up with all the blocks having the same width (12.5 inches), but three sized of height.  The top row is 16.5 inches to fit the shirts that were extra tall.  Two of the rows are 15.5 inches for regular sized shirts, and then two of the rows are 9.5 inches for the smaller designs.  Several of the shirts got the fronts and backs sewn together to create one block, which I am enjoying as a design scheme.  The body building shirt at the top got cut up into 4 pieces so that everything would still show up.  The request was for green lattice strips and a green plaid flannel backing.  Those are in the wash now, so I'll be able to cut those out as soon as I do -- yikes -- some more ironing.  

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Excellent work; I like the arrangement! I made a t-shirt quilt a few years ago...everyone should make at least one! Lol

Angie said...

I love t-shirt quilts! I have several batches of cut shirts that need attention one of these days and my youngest son has asked for a t-shirt quilt of his own. Maybe I should devote an entire weekend to t-shirt quilts!