Tuesday, July 28, 2015

And Then There Were Three

I remember putting this quilt away hurriedly because I was out of time.  Maybe winter break?  I was smart enough to leave a note though that said I had pieced a back but it was too narrow and that extra fabric was included to enlarge it.  
 So I pressed the back and inserted an extra strip slightly off center to make the back large enough.
 Here is the front which was a motley collection of strings and crumbs that had been collected over time.  This will go in the stack.  Actually I think that I will quilt it first and I will use it to try out the Baptist Fans that I am thinking about for Hawaiian Sunset.  Not tonight though.  Tonight I am done! I think I will settle in with some handwork or maybe a good book.

9 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

What a stroke of luck finding a practice quilt ready for the Baptist fans.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE it!!! (And good job on leaving yourself a note that made sense.)

Sandy Panagos said...

That ought to teach us to be more organized, huh? Good for you! I really really like the top.

Delighted Hands said...

What a pretty quilt top-blending the neutral with all the color! Nice to bring it out and the quilting will be a good test run!

KaHolly said...

Yay! Can't wait to see it once you've quilted it!

Deb A said...

Does Anna know? So nice to have notes left to the progress, what's left and what you were thinking. Makes life easier when you find it.

Quilter Kathy said...

ANother terrific scrap quilt!!
You are so organized... wish I would leave myself notes so I remember what I was doing, thinking, planning!

Magpie Sue said...

I have a back to make too. Thought the yardage I was planning to use would be big enough; it wasn't. Haven't been able to wrap my brain around piecing something else onto it to get to the size I need. My LQS has just announced a sale, maybe I'll just go buy more yardage!

Kate said...

Wow, you've really been busy in the sewing room this summer.