Monday, July 13, 2015

Design Wall Monday - July 13, 2015



With Mai Tai Sunrise Done and Miranda's t-shirt quilt ready to be quilted, Anna wanted to know when I would get back to her t-shirt quilt.  This was her original plan when we started.  
This is how far we got before my Mom got sick and we put it away. I'll load up Miranda's quilt first, but when I need a break, I'll keep chipping away on Anna's quilt.  Somewhere I still have the fabric she picked out.  I think it has owls on it.  Every time she sees it, she reminds me that her quilt isn't done yet.  

6 comments:

sunny said...

How difficult are t-shirt quilts? I have a stack of t-shirts, and hope to get started sometime in the near future.

lw said...

Not hard at all, but the t shirts pieces should be stabilized with light weight fusible interfacing before you see them in. I use flannel as the backing because it stretches. It's also soft.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! to Anna for returning to the front of the line. My boys are STILL waiting for their T-quilts. :o))

Delighted Hands said...

This is the usual result of doing a great job with a quilt-others want one, too!!!
I made one for my grown son and when one of his friends saw it; they wanted one, too. I told them it would cost $250 and that stopped that. lol

Katie Z. said...

Whoa!

Kate said...

I'm lucky that I just have one that pesters me for quilts. Good luck with finishing up both.