Saturday, July 11, 2015

Excitement Abounds

 It took the morning to get Mai Tai Sunrise ready to go onto the frame.  First it needed to be ironed, and then the kids needed to go to the gym, and then the back needed to be pieced, and then the kids wanted lunch and the laundry needed to be taken care of.  You've all had those days too, right? By dinner time though, the quilting was well under way.
 After debating for a long time about thread, I decided to use three.  The blue on the bottom part is already done, and the yellow is about halfway.  Pink will have to wait for morning.
Just when I had decided I wasn't going to be able to finish up the quilting today, Kurt said there was a package waiting at the front door.  It was my new GO Cutter!!!!  My last one got a little broken while I was squaring up crumb blocks.  I thought about just giving up on having a die cutter, but I've already got quite a bit invested in the dies, it seemed a shame to waste all that.  I also thought about getting an exact replacement, but that seemed to be redundant.  So after much consideration and angst, I went with the GO! Big.  It's electric.  While I don't mind cutting fabric in general, I have used the dies quite a bit and it is so much faster than the rotary cutter.

10 comments:

gayle said...

Your quilt is going to be stunning - and exactly what Bonnie Hunter is looking for to illustrate what can be done with her patterns.
GO! Big, eh? Happy cutting!

Angie said...

Would love to hear your comments on the Go Big cutter after you have used it for a bit. I have resisted getting a die cutter, but my wrists complain more and more after rotary cutting sessions. It might be time to try something new!

PaulaB quilts said...

That is such a beautiful quilt. I have never seen it before, will have to Google it. My friend has the other type of die cutter, and due to a shipping error, she ended up with two. She donated the second to our group. So every first Monday folks bring in their fabric and line up to use it. The are doing a BOTM with it. Enjoy your new one!

Unknown said...

Fabluouse quilt. I am a mother of four now with adult children and five grandsons. I know so absolutely what it is like to juggle getting everything done but I think we can certainly so both very well. You seem to have a good routine and lovely to hear a lady who carefully considers her children. You wll never go wrong there.As I said before lovely quilt and can't wait to see it quilted. love your colours and thank you for your great blog. We all really do appreciate hearing your story with your family and with your quilting. Keep posting please.

Sue SA said...

Ohh new toy, how exciting! Hmmm bad timing when your trying to finish a fabulous quilt, but what the heck you're a Mum, we know you can juggle more then one thing at a time!

Patricia said...

The quilt is beautiful, waiting to see it quilted!
I look at the Go cutters quite often, good to hear about one from someone who has really used one, thanks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your new Go BIG Cutter and Mai Tai Sunrise is looking FABULOUS!!! Good luck with your LOFTY goals for the day. (Pardon the batting pun... not sure what came over me.)

suemac said...

The quilt is so pretty and feminine.

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing Mia Tia Sunrise all quilted, it's looking pretty spiffy there in the frame.

beaquilter said...

Great job on the quilting, and I LOVE my GO big! great for scraps...