Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Postage Stamp Flimsy

I just finished sewing the blocks together for the small postage stamp blocks that were left over from the big postage stamp quilt.  The blocks were done quite a while ago, but I just left them sitting next to the machine thinking that I would add some sashing.  So instead, eventually, I just sewed them together as is.  Done!  This will be a small quilt.  I might keep it small or maybe I should just add a wide border to frame it out?
I went into school this afternoon to work on my sub plans, they are so close to being done.  I still need to finish sewing the homeroom flags and fill out a form for out of county travel.  I should put up some posters too so that my classroom is a little more cheerful.  Mostly I am getting closer to being ready to go though.  

14 comments:

Katie Z. said...

What a lot you are accomplishing!

Cathy said...

This quilt is just gorgeous! A feast for the eyes...

PaulaB quilts said...

You must go like a whirlwind! I am just now catching up with your posts for this week. The Hawaian Sunset is really a gorgeous quilt, and the pieced border is just a perfect finish. This scrappy one above must have a zillion little blocks. I like the ways the colors have worked out. I pray that your trip will be very fruitful and enjoyable. The indigo is going to be a real challenge, but I have been studying Barbara B.'s blogs and have learned a great deal about it. A nice Keep Cool color for August.

PugMom said...

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS!!! I love this!

Delighted Hands said...

Amazing! It's a perfect little quilt!

sunny said...

Love it! If it were mine, I don't think I would add a border. And I love borders. It's perfect as is.

The Joyful Quilter said...

An interesting wild print rainbow colored fabric might make good borders, if they are deemed necessary. Size wise, I can't decide the top needs a border or not... I'm thinking that it would be perfect either way!

beaquilter said...

just lovely, looked almost bargello-ish when I saw the tiny pic preview in feedly.... love it

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It is perfect!!!

Nell's Quilts said...

Great little quilt! And is that some indigo I spy?

Sheila said...

I love it, Angela. I love squares, postage stamp blocks and postage stamp quilts.

Kate said...

Really cool layout, it's a pretty little quilt. A border would frame it nicely I think, if you could find the right fabric to use for the border. Maybe a navy?

Julianne said...

Now that is beautiful, I think I love postage stamp quilts the most of all! I just finished a 64 patch, 20 64 patch blocks (random scrappy) with a denim blue washings and rainbow cornerstones. now I need to make one of these! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Vicki W said...

I like this one exactly the way it is!