Monday, July 27, 2015

Row by Row

 So Deb was going to be in town on vacation with her family.  Her plan was to visit a few quilt shops to participate in the Row by Row Experience.   She had everything planned out ahead of time, so I just popped up to meet her at the first shop.  They had a sailboat row which was super cute.  Mrs. Gates was there, she has never made a quilt but just likes to buy fabric.  She is going to be my sub while I am gone to Costa Rica.
The next shop was right around the corner and they had really adorable duckies, already laser cut and ready to fuse.  Next it was down to my neck of the woods.  They didn't have any license plates, but their block was really pretty with rows of batik waves and beading.  Finally, the last quilt shop had a somewhat odd thermometer with Olaf fabric, so I just got the pattern, I can change out the fabrics on that one I think.  Deb even brought me some scraps in indigo and brown.  So sweet!  Thanks Deb.  I really meant to get a picture of the two of us together.  Oops, maybe next time.
I promised Anna that I would not start on a new quilt until hers was done.  I did start sewing the rows together when we got home from and made good progress.  Maybe tomorrow?  The days are getting shorter.  Tomorrow I will meet Mrs. Gates at school to go over sub plans, then Sydney has a dentist appointment on Wednesday and a piano lesson on Thursday.  

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Neat quilt--(is gray the new color for august?? ) hugs, Julierose

Sheila said...

Looking good. You make me feel like I could successfully make a tee shirt quilt.
Is the new color turquoise?

Nell's Quilts said...

What beautiful colours in the t-shirts. How could it not be a super quilt?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay - you got plates and rows!!! Enjoy!!

Deb A said...

I had a great time seeing you and Anna. Thanks for going with me. Sew Central was a great shop and I chatted for a bit with some of the workers and owners. I shared your website with her as she love scrappy quilts. Will pop your kit in the mail tomorrow =) Now... finish up Anna's quilt!

Aunt TC said...

I didn't see the Row by Rows. It would be nice to see them as those of us who live in other states find new quilt shops and their products vey interesting. Thanks.

Kate said...

Looks like you had a great day of shop hopping. Hopefully Anna's quilt will come together quickly.