Sunday, July 26, 2015

Slow Stitch Sunday - Basket Blocks

After finishing the border for Hawaii Sunset this morning, I spent most of the afternoon puttering around the sewing room.  I will need to extend the frame a bit to quilt a queen sized top, and things are a bit cluttered at the moment.  It felt so good to settle down after dinner with some nice quiet handwork.  These little basket blocks turned up in my organization.  I was surprised to find out that there were only three more blocks to be appliquéd.  So I am about ready to take the last stitches on the last block and then I will put these away until I am ready to put another top together.  I had a small wall hanging in mind with these baskets, something to hang in the entryway. 

7 comments:

Patricia said...

Love the shape of the basket, waiting to see what you do with them.

Delighted Hands said...

Very pretty! Don't you wonder why we leave a project so close to the finish line? Glad you found it to give it some well deserved attention!

Rhonda said...

Pretty blocks. Don't know how things get lost but glad you pulled them out!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Only 3 more to do?!?! Can't wait to see these lovely baskets again!

sunny said...

LOVE the little baskets!! Where did you get that pattern? I must have it. And I notice that your blog background has changed to blue???

Michelle said...

Pretty basket!

Kate said...

Looks like you made a lot of progress the last few days. Very cute basket.