Sunday, July 5, 2015

Slow Stitching Sunday - Car Trip

We have a car trip coming up. While most people are folding up clothes to put in a suitcase, I'm folding up quilts and blocks to hand stitch in the car.  I bet I can get a lot done between here and there.  Maybe finish up the border on my little Dear Jane?  I prepped plenty of orange peels if that doesn't work out.  So many hours to stitch before I arrive.
 Last night we went to a 4th of July celebration at Cocoa Rivefront Park.  The Brevard Symphony Orchestra plays first.
And then we all turn our lawn chairs around or rotate on our quilts to watch the fireworks while they finish up.  We've been going for the past 10 years or so and it is usually they same group of people that we see.  Lots of work friends of Kurt's and my friend Meisje who I met through and old work friend of Kurt's.  It was a late night and part of the gang is still sleeping.  I'll go find some clothes to pack as soon as everyone is up.  
Enjoy your slow stitches today and don't forget to go and visit Kathy to peek at other people's hand work projects.  

15 comments:

Karen said...

I always try to have a project ready for a road trip even if it is a short trip.

Delighted Hands said...

Have fun! Happy stitching!

Deb A said...

I need to prep some hand work for swim lessons this week. Have a safe trip.

Amy said...

We quilters & crafters are a unique bunch; some of us live for long car rides in order to indulge in our hand-work :) You didn't mention in this post, nor have I caught up on your recent ones yet.... Is this a Georgia trip?

My first thought when I saw the 4th of July pic --- "Did Anna cut her hair???" Upon closer inspection... ponytail?

I'll openly admit I'm a bit jealous about the Symphony Orchestra remark; sounds amazing!!!!
Happy Sunday, girl!

sunny said...

Don't you just hate that clothes have to take up valuable space when you're travelling? I usually just take crochet on trips, because it's easy to do in the car, and I can do it in the dim lighting in most hotels. Have fun!

Judy D in WA said...

I've never tried stitching as a passenger, but I always have my knitting. If I didn't, I would suck all the air out of the truck. ;) It amazes me how much gets done while riding along. I think I'll prep a little hexi pack and try it on the next trip. Have a great trip!

Teresa in Music City said...

I always do the same thing Angela! I'll spend days figuring out the sewing projects to take with me on a trip, and then hurriedly throw some clothes in a suitcase at the last minute LOL!!! It rained here in Nashville again last night so hubby and I didn't even think about going to the fireworks. It has become such a crush anyway - they were expecting 300,000 people this year!!! Several people in the neighborhood set off some lovely fireworks, and I was happy to be comfy in my home stitching up blocks :*)

Rebecca Grace said...

Haha -- your packing sounds like MY packing! Last year my husband thought it was SO FUNNY that I was packing an iron to bring to the beach, but I forgot to pack my swimsuit! :-) Happy stitching and safe travels.

gayle said...

Oh, you're so lucky to be able to sew in the car! I get queasy if I don't look out the window. I can knit, because I can do that without looking, but sewing or reading are right out!
Have a lovely trip!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Happy Slow Stitches Road Trip

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Doctors appt tomorrow need to get something ready for the waiting room, sure makes the time go by faster. Enjoy your trip! Happy Stitching

LuAnn said...

I always pack my fun bag first. I love your orange peels. Enjoy your trip.

Barb said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun...be safe traveling...looks like you are prepared

Kate said...

Looks like you had a great 4th of July. Hope you got in lots of slow stitching during your car ride.

Unknown said...

totally wish I had of joined this link up when it started because I love reading them so much! Apparently I need linkups to force me to find blogging time
Surfers Rent A Car
61 7 5572 0600
2/11 Northview St Mermaid Waters QLD 4218