Friday, July 24, 2015

Snow is Not White

I thought I was getting white fabric from Joann's.  I had been using white Kona fabric for the background of my postage stamp stars.  I've been using a lot of white background fabric lately and I was out.  Instead I ended up with Kona Snow.  It isn't the same.  Darn.  I even went to Hobby Lobby yesterday, but all they had was snow, no white!  I guess I'll have to order some online.  Darn!  On the upside though, the Robert Kaufman Crosshatch from 2009 showed up so that I can finish the lattice strips for Anna's t-shirt quilt.  The nice thing about having multiple projects is that you never get stuck.
Not that I've had much sewing time.  I am working hard to get everything ready for Costa Rica.  My packing list is a bit of a scavenger hunt.  My snake boots came in from Amazon, the first pair was too small, but the new ones fit just great.  Biodegradable laundry detergent has arrived.  So far my suitcase is almost full, but there are no clothes.  Sub plans are well underway. Seating charts are done and copies are made.  There is still all of next week, but wow, it is getting close!

13 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It is amazing how many whites there are and how different each one is from the next.

Beth said...

my husband and I were just talking about how many white paint colors there are. We had popcorn ceiling texture taken off our rental house ceiling. Now to pick a color to coordinate with it w/o making the wall look dirty!

barbara woods said...

i know i also got snow and it was more cream

Kathy's A Quilter said...

SNAKE BOOTS!

sunny said...

It's hard to find white Kona in my area. I love the Snow, but not if 've already started a project with white!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

All of your planning and preparation WILL be worth it - good luck with the countdown process!

Deb A said...

SNAKE BOOTS? Yikes. You are so organized to keep everything on track. Want me to check around here for Kona white? How much are you needing?

Delighted Hands said...

Our will all come together eventually! Bummer about the dissent enjoyed....figures!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I find that bleached muslin is an inexpensive option... and is... well, WHITES Another thing that I often do is mix up my "white" backgrounds. It's hard to run out of SCRAPPY!! :o))

Sandy Panagos said...

Shades of white are almost as bad as shades of black. Whenever I buy white or black now I buy the same thing and I get a bolt! I'm not sure I would go anywhere if snake boots were required! lol

Sheila said...

I know what you are going through. I tried twice to buy the correct shade of Kona white to finish sashing last years RSC sampler when I ran out of the very very white Kona white I had started using. Finally I took a block with desired very white shade of white sashing to JoAnns to match to make sure I bought the correct Kona white I needed to finish the quilt. That worked.

Kate said...

It's amazing how many shades of white there are these days. Hopefully you'll find what you need pretty quickly.

Anna said...

I love using Kona Snow, but it always surprises me just how "pee yellow" it looks next to the Kona White. Not a good image, I know.