Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Tumblers and Mid-Year Progress.

Bonnie Hunter announced a new leaders and enders challenge, sending me off to dig up my tumbler blocks.
I knew that somewhere I had a stack of tumbler blocks that had been cut from deconstructed men's shirts.  Sure enough, stored away neatly in the cabinets over the washer and dryer, were was a basket full of little tumblers and a big stack of giant tumblers.  I also found a strange wad of un-ironed fabric and backing scraps that must have been stashed there to help clear out the guest bedroom at some point before company arrived. Then I found some miscellaneous baskets full of un-ironed parts and pieces to many random projects.  
So in addition to monitoring the morning session of cupcake wars in the kitchen, I spent some time ironing, sorting and putting away.  We are off to the vet in just a few minutes, but after that, some more sorting will go along with some trimming and organizing.  
We will be having a mid year update in July for anyone who wants to share their Rainbow Scrap Challenge progress so far.  I am doing some inventory of and catch-up in celebration.  I hope that all of your projects are coming along well.  Think about pulling out your blocks to share with us all as we reach the halfway point of the year  

9 comments:

Barb said...

I love cupcake wars too.....did you know on Monday nights they have cupcake wars marathon? I call it a marathon, it is several shows one after the other.

Delighted Hands said...

The tumbler blocks will work up so nicely-glad you could find them so easily!

Deb A said...

I'm thinking of cutting some tumblers.... just need to figure out the size. I was just looking back to see how many years the RSC has been going on as I was prepping my Saturday post. Looks like I joined January 2011! Lots of scraps have been used over the years. A big thank you for hosting this. It has been loads of fun.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I saw the announcement of the tumbler L/E. I love the idea of the men's shirts, but I have used all my bits up in the last bow tie quilt. I think I need to visit the thrift store.

Unknown said...

I just need to know how to get a website started. I want to make a fan site for a new band. I know that I have to pay for a domain, but I’m confused about how to purchase & build a website. Help please? Thanks in advance! (:. Thanks everyone! (:
obat kuat
obat kuat semarang

Kathy S. said...

Love the idea of your shirtings for the tumbler quilts. I'll probably be playing along with that leader/ender project as well. I just can't resist. Can't wait to see everyone's RSC15 Sampler progress! Thanks again for organizing the RSC for us.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Here's hoping that the cupcake wars went well and lucky you, finding all those tumblers to join Bonnie's Tumbling Along. Have FUN!!!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Wishing I was there to lick the icing bowl for those cupcake wars. They should be fully pumped up on sugar by the time it is all said and WON...you will post pictures of the winners...wont you? I wont be doing the tumblers, and I am doing 2" L/E for a crabapple quilt as I go along. Sew looking forward to the updates on Saturday. I will try to have one interlocking/irish-chain row done to celebrate!! Thanks again for the leadership in RSC15.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh and there is plaid in there - you MUST make it now!!! Cupcake wars? Wish we lived closer - we'dbe judges lol