Thursday, July 16, 2015

WIP Bag

 I finished the binding on the t-shirt quilt this afternoon.  In celebration I bought a Craftsy Pattern from Crazy Mom Quilts for a WIP bag and whipped it up in bright and happy pink and green.  I won't say it is exactly perfect.  The binding was a bit tricky, but I sewed around twice and it seems nice and secure now.  I'm sure I'll do a better job next time.  This one is in the 9 x12 size, which is about the size of a piece of regular printer paper.  It seems like it would be nice for carry along projects.  I would like a bigger one too, and maybe a smaller one to round out the set.  
We are supposed to bring small gifts to the other team members for the Costa Rica trip coming up.  Sara got some Disney Pencils, and Ryan is planning to get something NASA related, and I asked Anna if she could make us some small clay sea turtles.  I was thinking of putting a magnet on the back so they will stick to the fridge.  

3 comments:

Kate said...

Nice project bag. Is it going on your trip with you?

That turtle is really cute. Making it into a magnet is a great idea.

Delighted Hands said...

I'm a sucker for a project bag! The little turtle is adorable!

Andee Neff said...

Love the sea turtle! Too cute!