Monday, January 4, 2016

Design Wall Monday January 4, 2016

 Dear Jane has come out to play again.  When the center blocks were sewed together in July of 2014, only 16 border triangles had made it to completion.  As of today, that number has grown to 19!  Top row 13 was simplified slightly, but I like it quite a bit this way.
 Top row 1 was quite fiddly, I hope all those odd angled seams end up in the allowance along the edges.
 Top row 6 was straight forward enough, though the center diamond isn't quite in the center.
And so the design wall has been converted to help organize the blocks while I try to finish off the last 33  blocks so that this quilt can finally see a finish.  I was debating whether to use colored fabric or white between the border triangles.  Now that I see it on the wall, I can't help thinking that the colors are just too much.  Maybe I can do a bit of applique in the white triangles instead?  Or perhaps some fancy quilting.  Still plenty of time to ponder the final design.
I've been watching as people choose a word of the year and couldn't help but think about what my word might be.  The word momentum popped into my head.  Hopefully I can keep forward motion going and follow through on some of the things that I have started.  

12 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You have momentum to bound!! I am amazed at what you get done, teach, and a family.

Ariane said...

Your triangle blocks are looking amazing!

Kate said...

Beautiful triangle blocks! They all look fiddely to me.

Momentum is a good word for 2016. Wishing you lots of it this year.

SandraC said...

With all the sew-along type of projects, momentum is a perfect word!

LA Paylor said...

momentum is good. You always do so much it seems you never lose momentum! LeeAnna

Jo said...

Momentum... Very clever.
I think a quilting design would fit in great with the border design....
I want yo start one but have to finish some UFO's....

Delighted Hands said...

You've set quite a schedule of quilts for yourself so the word momentum is just what you need!

Sara said...

These look really good and the Dear Jane quilt is a huge accomplishment. I've admired this quilt - from afar - but knew that I would probably never make it. I just enjoy seeing everyone elses.

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous!
You have more momentum than anyone I know!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those!! Look like difficult blocks!! Love your word!!! you can do it!!

gayle said...

Momentum is a great word.
I'm very much afraid that mine is 'Chaos'...

Charlotta said...

Most amazing triangle blocks I've ever seen. Momentum is the best word I've seen chosen, so far! Most other people pick such obvious and even trite words, that I don't see the point. Yours is clever!