Monday, January 4, 2016

It Never Ends

The last day of "vacation" was so busy!  Technically it was a teacher workday, we were allowed to work off campus though, so I started the day with a trip to the 114 acres to check on the gopher tortoise burrows.  I met Ryan there from the Costa Rica trip and we marked about a third of the burrows.  Almost done with the GPS tags!  So that was 6,000 steps all before 9:30.  My car wouldn't start, so I had to get a jump and switch cars before heading down to school to set up my 28 new chrome books!  Our school got a grant and I was one of the lucky teachers chosen to get a cart full of computers for my classroom.  Well that took SO long.  Unpacking, inventory, paperwork, stickers, chords, Kurt came in to help and it was still 4 hours worth of work.
I thought about coming home and collapsing, but managed to remain upright long enough to go into the sewing room to get a tiny bit of work done.  We had an early dinner so that Ryan could go to robotics, which was cancelled.  Bummer.  But now Kurt and I are settled in to watch Star Wars Episode II with a little hand work.
It started simply enough with the goal of an applique circle for day 4.  Then I wondered what it would look like to applique the background fabric removed from the back of the block.  Then there was one more circle from behind that circle.  I think that will be the smallest circle that I do.  I'm not promising anything though.  Maybe I'll do enough of the smaller circles for a border?  Maybe not.  Tomorrow is back to school again.  I guess lesson plans would be a good thing.  And so it never ends.  

9 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I have chosen not to trim away behind my circles. Then I am not tempted by the scrap!

Kate said...

Sounds like it was a full workday. Hope you enjoyed your slow stitching this evening. I binge watched Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 this weekend.

gayle said...

I could probably make another orange peel from trimming behind mine, but I'm not even going to think about it.
As soon as I can stop thinking about it...

Magpie Sue said...

I'm tired just skimming over your posts since Saturday! Holy cow woman!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Teacher work days are always the longest and I come home so exhausted. Good for you for going into the sewing room. I crashed on the couch with a trashy, humorous book, did not make dinner, barely made it into the shower, and I am still avoiding drying my hair by hanging on my computer instead. I am so jealous of all your Chrome books!

needlesandpins said...

OMG, are you "wonder woman"??? :o)))
Please, send me some of your spirit ;o))

Delighted Hands said...

Very cool way to utilize all the fabric!

Jennie in GA said...

Your mind is always busy! Love the circle progression. Clever!

Ellen said...

I love it! I still haven't jumped on board for the circle a day but I am really considering it.