Friday, January 29, 2016

Quick Finish

Did you know that a group of geese on land is a gaggle, but in flight they are called a skein, team or wedge?  These postage stamp stamp blocks are arranged into a V formation that reminds me of a group of geese in flight, and I was searching for names.  I'll have to ponder that while I work on the binding.
After training today I had a little burst of energy and finished off the quilting while the girls were at Lacrosse.  It is almost time to pick Ryan up from robotics, so the timing is just about perfect.


14 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Didn't know about the geese formation in the air. Oh, I remember the working days when the boys were involved in sports and theater! Though I was not quilting at the time, I still accomplished so much more than now I'm retired.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy binding!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Wonderful setting for Postdage Stamp!

Dasha said...

Looks good (as always)

Marti said...

I didn't know that about flying geese. I love your quilt, and the pixelated look of it.

margaret said...

yes does remind me too of flying geese, did not know lacross was still played, it went out of schools here many many years ago considered too dangerous!

Ellen said...

You are on your way to another great finish!

Delighted Hands said...

Wow, I love this arrangement of blocks! Great job.

Nell's Quilts said...

Great finish on the postage stamps.

beaquilter said...

i just love this quilt!

Cathy said...

What a lovely and creative finish for your postage stamp quilt. As for a name, there has to be some sort of tie-in to flying and stamps. Like the USPS theme song of "Fly like an Eagle" (only not so cumbersome). You'll come up with something!

Pamela Arbour said...

Congratulations on the finish. You sure manage to get a lot done with a family and a full time job!

Kate said...

That's a great setting for postage stamp blocks. Congrats on another finish.

gayle said...

That's a really fun setting for your postage stamps! And it does look like geese. 8)
I always think geese are 'going home', no matter if they're flying north or south.