Sunday, June 26, 2016

I Exist!

Life happens. Even with nothing special going on, just a home and husband with three kids and a job and a lot of normal stuff tends to take all the hours out of the day. All of it is good.  I am so thankful for every minute.  It is nice too though, to have a little bit of empty time to fill with beautiful fabric and creativity.

I started this quilt a very long time ago.  At first it was just a stack of tiny nine patches.  I can remember planning it in my head on a family vacation when the kids were just tiny.  They are giant now, how does that happen?!   It comes from the humblest little strips of leftovers.  1 inch strips and 2 inch strips.  But look what they can turn into with a little patience and perseverance.
In honor of the happy scrappiness, I am linking up with Oh Scrap!  at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.  
I was happy after returning from all of the recent travels to pull out this small broken dishes quilt and take a few stitches.  There is something so calming about those little quilting stitches.  I think that the kids want to see Finding Dory this morning.  I have two gallons of paint calling my name.  Nothing is urgent though.  I might just go and fondle some fabric first.  The calm before the day begins.  I'm also linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy's Quilts.  

29 comments:

Vicki W said...

The rainbow quilt is lovely!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

A very good lesson in time and perserverance ! Beautiful. Enjoy your day :)

CathieJ said...

I love that quilt and your stitching looks great.

Kate said...

Your quilt is beautiful and I agree with you about the quilting stitches. The first quilt that I ever made was hand quilted at the cottage where I sat in the sunroom throughout all sorts of weather and thoroughly enjoyed myself - best stress reliever ever!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Ahhh both quilts are fabulous! Love your rainbow version of Omigosh!
Enjoy some hand quilting today!

Jayne Honnold said...

You have a couple of beauties here for sure. Enjoy those little ones because the time is so fleeting. My little ones are now 33, 31 and 23. I blinked.

Angie said...

Congrats on finishing the rainbow quilt - it's been fun watching all those tiny scraps take shape into something new!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray!! You found some time to put it all together. It looks AMAZING!!! (One of these days, I'll do something with my own Tiny Nines.)

Delighted Hands said...

Always good to start off with some stitching....
Your quilt is a beauty!

Jayne said...

That quilt is beautiful! You cannot go wrong with a rainbow in my opinion!

Teresa in Music City said...

That is so true Angela! I suppose it is a good thing when our lives are so full and rich that we find it hard to find time to write a post :*)

I am so in love with your OMG quilt! It is one I'd love to start one day - after I finish up some of the multitudinous others I've got started LOL!!!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, your rainbow quilt is gorgeous and a lot of work for sure.

Kate said...

The rainbow quilt turned out beautifully! It's amazing how all those little pieces can add up. The kids do grow up so fast. College applications are the order of business the next week at our house! Yikes! Hope you get in some more slow stitching and a bit of fabric fondling!

Ellen said...

Both are fabulous quilts!

Time does march on even when we want to hold onto it and try to slow it down. I think we just need to make sure we are doing the important things. Enjoy!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Enjoy your slow stitching today. Your rainbow quilt turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

swooze said...

The broken dishes block is my favorite. I'd love to see a full size pic of your quilt.

Ariane said...

Wow! This quilt is amazing!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Full plate for sure. Great work on OMG. Love making little blocks! Nice hand quilting on Briken dishes!

Raewyn said...

Wonderful post! Oh my golly, your Omigosh is beautiful!!

Charlotta said...

Quilts like that just do take forever, but are they ever worth the wait! Good for you! Love it!

Ivani said...

OMG is a gorgeous quilt!!!Congratulations for the perseverance and pacience, woryh it each and every tiny scrap.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Such a pretty rainbow quilt! Enjoy those slow stitching moments, hope you get many more!

margaret said...

2 great quilts wow all those tiny pieces in the quilt. Nothing beats a good fondle enjoy

Helen in the UK said...

Love the rainbow layout and that you persevered through several years to get this one done:)

Kevin the Quilter said...

Truly remarkable! The BEST scrap quilts come from the humblest of beginnings! From the looks of your blog and fb, you have had quite a busy summer already!

Sharon said...

Oh wow, your rainbow quilt is gorgeous! I admire your stick-to-it-ness! I love seeing small bits and pieces become a beautiful quilt.

Deb A said...

Oh so pretty! So glad you are able to play with fabric a bit.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your rainbow quilt is so, so beautiful! It really is amazing what can be done with tiny scraps in the colors of the rainbow. Thanks for the inspiration!

Rachel said...

That tiny nine patch quilt is awesome. Nice work!