Saturday, June 18, 2016

Travel Stitching


Last week we took the kids to a park in North Carolina and then to white water rafting. Kurt's brother and his family met us there and a good time was had by all.  I took along a bag full of pre-cut circles and spent the drive happily gathering the edges.

Then it was off to upstate New York with Anna and I had plenty of prepared circles to keep me stitching away during the flight and layover.  
We are at a Days Inn in New Jersey this morning, getting ready to head into Manhattan for the day. Wifi is horrid and I keep getting a strange new error about HTML protocols. Paula was kind enough to let me know that Mistelinky was having issues this morning, and so I am going to try a simpler version from years past and see if that will get us through today. It is hard to tell at this point whether the problem is the internet connection, the computer, or the web browser.  If worst comes to absolute worst, you could always scroll down and add you linky to last weeks post when things seemed to be working as they should.  I will be so happy to get back home again on Wednesday!  Summer has been a bit of a whirl so far, but there should be a calm in the storm for a few weeks I hope.  



18 comments:

Ivani said...

Enjoy your travel with family and kids.

Delighted Hands said...

Back to normal....? What's that?! Have good family time!

Mari said...

Have a great time in Manhattan! It's certainly a beautiful day for it. And good luck with the college tour!

linda said...

Any chance you could let me know where you went white water rafting? My newcollege grad son just moved to Charlotte so we will be traveling between Philadelphia and Charlotte hopefully often.

linda said...

Lindafdoyle@verizon.net

PaulaB quilts said...

Thanks for getting things fixed. Are you going to visit Brown? It's my alma mater. Sure has changed a lot. Have a great trip.

Angie said...

Hope you get some quality sewing time before summer break ends! I miss seeing all your inspiring quilty output!

beaquilter said...

where in NC?? that's where I'm at :)

Magpie Sue said...

My link-up went smoothly (as far as I can tell!). Enjoy your weekend. I hope your life settles down a bit very soon!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You went to Charlotte AGAIN and we didn't meet at Mary Jo's?!?! My wallet thanks you. :P

Shelley Brooks said...

I tried to link up but it kept saying I'm missing op. Not sure what that means but it's probably something I'm doing wrong. :( I love travel stitching - but doesn't it always seem you leave something behind that you really needed?

Mystic Quilter said...

You sound to be as busy s ever Angela - hope you find some relaxing time and quilting soon.

Janice Holton said...

Thanks so much for hosting this linky party! I think I accidentally posted twice if you want to remove one of the extras. Sorry about that :(

Kate said...

Sounds like a busy summer. Thankfully DT is old enough to travel by herself, so I've not had to spend a lot of time in hotels or airports, though that's coming later this summer when we do some college visits.

Marsha Cooper said...

I really hope to get back to the colors next month!
I'm home from my mission trip and did some "soul searching" while "unplugged" all that time.
I promised to get completely off the computer to work on my crafts when I got home, but it's not happened yet. So far I've been doing house cleaning instead.

Loran Fabyuel said...

It is just what I was looking for and quite thorough as well. Thanks for posting this, essay paper
I saw a couple other similar posts but yours was the best so far. The ideas are strongly pointed out and clearly emphasized. 

Ramachandran Gopalan said...

Your post is really good providing good information.. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts.
how to become happy

رضا رمضان said...

شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام
شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف بالاحساء