Monday, July 3, 2017

Design Wall Monday July 3

In honor of the July being the blue month for RSC17, I finished off Dear Jane top row triangle 13.  I love the little melons which I prepped and tucked into the seams before the geese got sewn together.  Then it was quick and simple to finish off the little bit of applique to hold them down all the way around.  
Then this last green triangle was all that was necessary to finish off the entire top border.  
 So TaDA!  Here is the top border for my Dear Jane quilt at long last.  The silly triangles seem to take so much longer than the little blocks, but I'm determined to get them finished off.
 Here is my little map of progress.  I've been saving squares and rectangles for each of the fabrics as I finished the blocks.  Getting closer every day to getting this one done.
Saturday Ryan had some friends over for his birthday.  It was a nice motivation to finish off some cleaning and organization projects that had been on the list for far too long.  The kids had a good time too.  

10 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I like it!!! And a Happy Birthday to Ryan!!!

Katie Z. said...

You're doing great!

Mia said...

I love your triangles, my friend. Good job!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Somehow, I didn't realize the Jane triangles and the Map quilt were related. Happy finishing!! (Hope Ryan had a good birthday, too.)

a good yarn said...

Those DJ border blocks are diabolical!

Jo said...

Oh your Dear Jane looks fantastic. I'm so jealous...
I want to get into it but things jump in my way

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Happy birthday to Ryan. Your triangles look so wonderful - love the happy colors and your persistence in getting them done.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Those large triangles of yours are amazing! I wish I had such skill with points.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I bet your Dear Jane will be pretty! I am finally starting to work on RSC2017

Life got in my way, then carpal tunnel surgery and thumb surgery in June on right hand, that was a practice - the left in August! But at least even with the splints on I can type and sewing again! Wanted to work on something that was not complex so doing RSC 2017!!!

Kathy S. said...

Your Dear Jane blocks are gorgeous. Looks like everybody was laughing for the birthday pic. Happy birthday, Ryan!