Tuesday, March 13, 2018

It's the Little Things

 I was finishing off the last of a tin of chocolates from Valentine's day today when I noticed that the size and shape seemed just right for my hexie diamonds.  Look how perfectly they fit!  I know I'm not the only one to get excessively excited by finding just the right container for an ongoing project. 
 I ran out of card stock to prep more fabric on Sunday, but, there always seems to be a supply of junk mail incoming from colleges these days.  With Anna being a senior and Ryan being a junior, the mail never seems to stop.  I've been using my scrapbooking punch to cut more templates.  The bigger hexagon is 1.5 inches which is just petite enough to be adorable.  Someday I'll make something from the smaller size.  My someday list always seems to be growing. 
I also got the blocks all prepped and the sashing strips ready for the t-shirt quilt.  I'll get those sewn together soon.  It's been a crazy week at work so far and it's only Tuesday!  The quarter ended today and there are lots of meetings this week.  Friday is a teacher workday though, so I'll be able to tie up all the loose ends before the last quarter gets into full swing.  Where has the time gone?  The kids are already picking classes for next year!

4 comments:

quiltingbydawn said...

You know when you start something, all of a sudden you see it around everywhere? I too am working on a t-shirt quilt (for the first time) and it has been fun to see so many different layouts. I like how you made one bigger block out of several smaller graphics to make your piecing easier. Your hexies are looking good too!

Angie in SoCal said...

That's an interesting hexie punch. Where did you buy it? I bought a Fiskar one at JoAnn's. Yes, the year is going fast.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

pretty little hexies! I saw a post on FB the other day where a quilter who had been making little hexie flowers put them under the glass on her coffee table just for fun and show until she made more and it being a long term project...

T shirt quilt looks awesome!

The Joyful Quilter said...

The T-Quilt is coming together nicely, Angela!