Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Quilting on a School Night

 Academic team crushed the competition last night at the district championship!  Sometimes they don't do well under pressure.  Last night was not one of those times.  They won easily and I couldn't be more proud of how well they played.  Three from my team will combine with three from other schools to make the all-star team which goes on to the state competition.  I'm glad to have a short break though as those practices won't start until after winter break.  A free Monday evening will be a nice change of pace.
I had to get in a quick run tonight to make sure I'm all ready for my race this weekend, but after that, I popped into the sewing room to get a quick start on the framed four patch quilt.  I got in one row and now am calling it a night.  Kurt brought me some hot chocolate when he came home from volleyball.  It got chilly today and hot chocolate sounds just perfect to take off the chill.  I hope you are all staying warm as well.  It sounds like lots of people are getting some real winter weather and not the fake seasons that we have here in Florida.  

5 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Glad your academic team did so well and are making it to the state level... enjoy your race this weekend.. and nice you got in some quilting time and hot chocolate too <3 Yep it is a bit nippy and in the teens here as I set warmly by the heaters! lol Enjoy your winter in Florida! Kathi

Susie H said...

Congratulations on the academic team win! You've earned a few Mondays off. Enjoy. We are quite cold here in southern IL. Walked the dog yesterday a few miles while the wind chill was 6! (And it's still only November!)

Deb A said...

Congrats on the team win! Great job on the quilting row on a school night. I was walking at horses yesterday... had to grab the hat and scarf from the car to keep the ears and neck warm! Love this cooler weather. I hear there is frost on the windshield this morning at my house.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a lucky win!! Congrats on finding time to get a good start on quilting the Framed 4-Patch. Best of luck on your race this weekend!!

Kate said...

Congrats to your team on the district win! How very cool. Enjoy your extra stitching time each week.