Sunday, December 16, 2018

Scrappy and Happy


The next set of postage stamp stars are now a flimsy!  I debated the border for a long time.  I always do on rainbow quilts.  Too many choices.  Eventually, I just grabbed a 2.5-inch strip of all the colors of the rainbow and sewed them together.  I ran out of edges before getting to the purple and pink so I just wrapped it back around to red again when I rounded the final corner. I'm calling this one Rising Stars.  Someday I will run out of star related names.  
I think the back of this one will be fairly cohesive.  I had lots of extra blues from Anna's dorm room quilt which I think will work very nicely together.  I'll make it all more symmetrical and planned in its appearance of course.  I think I'll use the lighter blue in the middle and wrap the darker shades around as a frame.

As soon as that back is done, it will be on to binding.  I did mass cutting last night.  The dots will be for the most recent star quilt, and the odd pink is for Running Stitches.  The yellow is for Four Squared Brown is for Four Patch Surprise.  Wow!  That is a lot of binding.  I just need to have a quick go with the iron and then change out to the walking foot so that I can get them sewn on to the quilt.  I always finish by hand though, so I see a nice cup of hot tea and a movie marathon coming up very soon.
I'm linking up with Oh Scrap!  And Slow Stitching Sunday, Its always fun to see the scrappy combinations and handwork that people have to share.   

18 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

can never go wrong with stars!

Jayne said...

Rising Stars is gorgeous! I love the the sashing you added! Congrats on this beautiful finish!

PaulaB quilts said...

One more beautiful set of stars. You will have a whole galaxy!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I find borders a hard decision on my rainbow quilts, too! I just completely changed my mind on my Squared Away border, but I'm glad I did. Your stars quilt is beautiful!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What a lovely quilt! And the border is perfect. Rainbow all the way!
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Deb A said...

You always do such a great job of finishing off your projects each year! Love the stars quilt.... and all that binding to do while snuggling up watching movies! Fun.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Scrap Quilts are the best! There is always so much flexibility on borders, backing and bindings. You can usually use something from theocrats. Your postage star quilt looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

PugMom said...

I hope that you never run out of rainbow or star quilts! Love your latest finish and I always enjoy your blog!
Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

CathieJ said...

I love that flimsy. I think that a rainbow border always looks good on a rainbow quilt. Enjoy stitching your bindings.

Pamela Arbour said...

You did a beautiful job. I love it!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Binding at the ready. CHECK!! The end is in sight. Happy stitching!

karenbbsnow said...

Gorgeous. Someone will be sleeping under the stars :)

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I love your postage stamp stars! So Pretty!

gayle said...

Perfect border for those rainbow stars! (And isn't it wonderful when perfect and easy coincide?)

Cathy said...

Beautiful star flimsy! You’ve been on a finishing frenzy too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Look at you go!! I love the top - and the borders add dimension to it! nice!

Kate said...

Looks like a great pile of projects to work on while you watch all those Christmas movies. Have fun!

Marcus Steve said...

I'm super excited to tell the public that I have been permanently cured from herpes by Dr Agbomina . I had herpes for years but everyone told me that there was no cure to it and every doctor I contacted failed to cure me until I contacted Dr Agbomina , he placed me on diet and also sent his medicine to me and today I'm free and my lab test confirmed it. You can contact Dr Agbomina via his WhatsApp +234(805)049-5479 or email: dragbonherbalmedicine@gmail.com You can visit his Website at https://dragbonherbalmedic.wixsite.com/welcometodoctoragbon