Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Standstill

I was only going to quilt until the bobbin ran out.  Instead, it was the top thread that was the limiting factor.  It is my favorite color too.  I nice rich caramel color that blends with all kinds of scrap quilts.  I'm sure that I can find some more, but for now, I will take it as a sign to call it a night.  The last push before exams is underway as we all rush to finish up the semester and wrap it all up before winter break.  I think that Ryan has just finished his last college essay and Anna finished her last test of the semester this afternoon.  It is nice that there are such natural breaks in the school schedule.  I am looking forward to the holiday and some uninterrupted sewing time.  Next time I'll make just sure that I have a full spool of thread.  

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh, i hate it when that happens--inevitably right at a binding corner turning? or some other difficult spot...I will check BEFORE I sew this morning--thanks for the reminder...hugs, Julierose

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Bummer!

Marti said...

I hate when that happens. I hope you get some more thread soon so you can make the most of your vacation time.