Monday, May 6, 2019

Manic Monday

Don't you just hate it when you sit down to sew and realize that you don't have any fabric?  It went to the new house.  I thought my sewing room would be set up there by now.   
Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with the air conditioning, and so the sewing migration has stalled.   No problem though, I wanted to take a look at some paint samples, so a quick trip was in order.  Anna's room has a coat of the blue that she and Ryan both agreed upon.  Don't mind the doors and closets.  They are on the list of summer projects.  The people who lived there last really liked paint.
We've picked out baseboards and they will be here Wednesday along with window and door trim.   The main floor has been painted with two coats of Balboa Mist, everywhere else is primed and the ceilings are no longer mustard!  Progress is slow but steady.  
 Speaking of progress.  The floors are done!  It was painful and difficult and not as successful as I would have hoped. 
It is done though, and many lessons were learned.  If I ever had to do that again, I'm sure I could do it much better next time.  Hopefully I won't have to test that theory.


 I had three possible colors picked out for the main bedroom.  From left to right, Sea Salt, Waterscape, and Celedon Pottery.
 Here is the view from the main bedroom so that you can see what it will be framing.  Now that I've got all that out of the way, I'm off to sew!  What a nice change of pace from all the painting. 


8 comments:

Mari said...

Wow, lots of progress! The floors look really good and you'll be so happy that they're done. I'm dying to know what happened with the windows you uncovered. What did they look out over? Will you replace them? Like your colors, too! I really like Rainfall, which is between Sea Salt and Waterscape. Here's hoping you get sewing soon!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh my goodness, what an amazing view! Definitely great inspiration for wall colors. I'm glad progress is being made, and hope everything is falling into place!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

The room will look bigger with the Sea Salt! I always liked an off white for walls, but looking out at your view, I like the Sea Salt! A basic color
Your new home will be so beautiful..... I know that you are excited.
Did you get a contract on the existing home??? Hope so

Cindy said...

What a view!!!! I think your floors look great!!!! And your paint colors are so pretty. You'll get there!

Ann D said...

I'm opting for Sea Salt too. It's hard to choose a paint color for an entire room from just a small square of color. Although the other two colors look wonderful, having a whole room in those colors might be a bit overwhelming. You could use the Waterscape and Celadon colors in throw pillows.

Love your view.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I can definitely see where your color choice came from. Straight out of that view!! The floors? I don't see any problem with how they turned out. What is it that you can see (that doesn't show up on my computer screen?_

CreepticN said...

I would kill for this view! I envy you in a good sense. I plan to buy a house too and your post is inspiring me to do it faster. But I have something to think about. So far I can only pay with my cryptocurrency but this is the first time I am doing it, and aside from fear that nobody will accept it, I have another fear related to security. What if while I am paying, some electronic parasite will suck to my wallet and channel some of my crypto to him. God, I don’t know what to do. Friends say I should use bitcoin tumbler to sleep peacefully, so probably this is what I shall do.

Stitchedinlayers said...

Where is this new house in the world? Its beautiful!