Pages

▼

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fresh From the Frame

Goodness!  It took most of the day in dribs and drabs, but RRCB is almost officially done.  Though far from perfect, it is a sicnificant quilt in terms of time and pieces and angst.  I was quite determined to get this puppy finished off before the next mystery starts.  Just made it!  I feel that blue binding is definitely in order.  First though, I'm going to sit here for a few minutes and admire my handiwork:) 

21 comments:

  1. And admire it - you should. You're right about the time and patience it takes to put that one together. It is a beauty, and I agree with you on the blue binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO! It is done! Big pat on the back for that one. I can't wait till mine gets back from the quilters. I am ready, and so not ready for the next one. But it will start I believe on Tuesday if we are ready or not. I haven't even thought of colors for this next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on that big finish. Your quilt is lovely. I really enjoy seeing all of the variations this pattern has taken on. Now, on to the next mystery from Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Want to quilt mine??? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks terrific, quite an achievement and I think a blue binding will set it off perfectly. Will you be able to get it completely finished this week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great big Congrats and what a beautiful quilt that is! The blue binding will really set it off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only other quilters appreciate all the work in your quilt! It is amazing! I agree-blue binding will make it "pop!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a wonderful quilt! Love your color choices, makes me want to curl up with that quilt, a good book and nice cup of tea. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Congrats on a big finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous! Congrats on finishing before the next mystery! I am 2 Bonnie mysteries behind :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to stick to it and get this one finished. I like the Blues with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goegeous! I love the color combo and it is a BIG Project with a gazillion pieces, that's why I am admiring and not doing this mystery. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous quilt...you are a better woman than me. I save the BH mysteries but I've only started one and it has been languishing for a few years. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's just how I feel when I get a large quilt off the frame. Beautiful work so far. Look forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on finishing and it really turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving comments.