I did some organizing and sorting over the break and made a mental list of block collections in need of love. The two inch squares bin had a lot of randomly scrappy nine patches. I was thinking that I could add some consistently colored star points to turn them into Sister's Choice blocks. Here are my test blocks. I will let them simmer until the green month comes up.
I have made as many Irish Chain blocks as will fit onto one design wall. I'm almost out of the partial blocks. I'll need to do some math now and figure out how many to make. I think enough for a twin sized quilt. If 63 by 87 is a standard twin size, then that is 9 by 12. I'll need a border as well, so I should make the center 8 by 11. 88 blocks divided evenly between the two types makes 44. It looks like I've got 30 right now. So I'll make a note that I need 14 more of each block and set this one aside for now.
Finally, the red wall! I spent most of yesterday on crumbs. I was thinking of turning those into placemats and potholders. I've finished most of the main projects for the month and was working some cross blocks through to alternate with random scrappy 16 patches. I think that I will move those over to the empty wall and continue on those as leaders and enders. So I guess that I have a lot of background projects and should think about a main project, but I always seem to get carried away with scraps instead. It is a cold and rainy day in Florida, so staying inside where it is warm and dry sounds like a wonderful plan. Sydney and I are seeing the hand surgeon tomorrow. Hopefully he will have some good news for us. She is doing pretty well with just one working hand so far, but patience is not her strong suit. I'm off to Oh Scrap! for more scrappy inspiration and will catch up on yesterday's ScrapHappy Saturday posts as well. I got pretty carried away sewing yesterday and never took a computer break.