It's only October, but I am already starting to think about finishing things up for RSC2026. I have been trying hard to finish off quilts and to avoid having quite so many ongoing projects and UFOs.
With that thought in mind, the Hexie Snake quilt is coming together. I have most of the blue and purple blocks sewn into a row. I want to start a new hand piecing project, which means that the ongoing one project really needs to get finished up.
The new projects has tiny 60 degree diamonds which come from 1.5 inch strips. I haven't been saving much of that size since I finished up my log cabin quilt, but I will focus on that from my bin of low volumes. Those really need to be cleaned up! So maybe I will start the day with a bit of pressing.
I won't officially start on a new quilt yet, but it will remain on the back burner.
Then yesterday I did the math and realized that I have plenty of propellor blocks, but not enough dot blocks. So I got some purples up on the wall and need to figure out which colors are still a little light. How is the beginning of the end of your year starting to shape up?





No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving comments.