I emptied a bin yesterday! I can't show you the quilt yet, because it is a surprise.
Here are all the bits and pieces that still need to be cleaned up. I have a ton of extra sashing strips because I started trimming them to 7.5 inches which is the finished block size instead of the unfinished size. I remade one set of blocks, and I'm much happier with how it all came together as a result.
I've been in cleaning up mode. I emptied the Tupperware and put everything that didn't have a matching lid into a quarantine basket. The kids are under strict orders not to put anything back that isn't complete. I did the water bottles and to go coffee cups at the same time. We'll see how long the organization lasts.
The last time I went on an organization spree, I put all the blocks ready to sew together into the labelled bags in a nice basket with a table of contents.
After much contemplation, I pulled out bag number three which is framed four patches. The note said that they had been pinned together into rows and were ready to sew together. There were extra four patches to piece together into a backing.
Here is the top sewn together, but I think that I might add one more row onto the top to make it a bit longer.
These four patches will make a nice back along with some rows of white to spread them out. With a bit of luck, this one will be ready for quilting by the end of the day. I like to have a stash of quilts ready to finish in case of emergency. Last year I quilted up a long list of tops during hurricane Irma. We were home for days and day watching it rain and it was nice to have plenty of quilts to finish to use up all the nervous energy. I'm linking up with Oh Scrap!
today. Be sure to visit and see what other scraps are being turned into today.