Saturday, August 8, 2026

ScrapHappy Saturday - A Ray of Sunshine

A bit of yellow to brighten up my morning was much appreciated.  It has been rainy and damp here. I am still getting out for sunrise morning walks, but the afternoons have been wet. 

I found a few yellow blocks to share. I think that I have enough hexies to sew a row together. I always delay on committing to a size, but I guess I can always make it longer later. 

I have been on a bit of a decluttering kick lately and cleared out a bunch of old sheets to make more yarn for my rag rug loom at the cabin. These will go back the next time I am up that way. 

Kurt was actually up there this week to take a bit of vacation time and try to finish up some of the projects that we wanted to do this summer. After getting the new windows installed, the plan was to start replacing the aluminum siding with cedar. We saved a lot of money by switching to standard sizes for the windows, but that left odd gaps in the old siding. Unfortunately, when he took the old siding off under this section with the bay window, he found out that there was no wall there! Lots of critters had made themselves at home which is not what we want. That section will need a bit more time to fix. There are always lots of surprises with old houses. It has been and adventure. 

Preplanning was last week and kids are back on Monday! It was fun to catch up with all the other teachers after the summer. There were a lot of trips and stories of kids and grandkids. I am still looking forward to working part time and have already handed off a few things for other people to take care of. Handing things off is not be strong suit, but I am getting better at it. Most of all, once I give away a job, I am working on not worrying about how or when it will get done. Clear boundaries is the big skill that I am trying to develop right now. 

The thunder is already staring this morning, so I think it will be a great inside day. Still no grandbaby arrival news, but I really should finish up his baby quilt so that we are ready. 


No comments: