I am continuing to work to finish of UFOs. Monday I took the last stitches on the scalloped binding for Dear Jane! I love the hand sewing of the binding stage. It is just such a nice chance to admire each and every block.
I laid it on the patio and went to the balcony to try to get a full flat photo. It isn't perfect, but I am pretty happy to have it done after all those years. So many different patterns and techniques and fabrics. Also, so much growth and learning. Well worth the effort for sure. I have been pondering the Nearly Insane quilt. Maybe that will be a retirement project to look forward to.
On Thursday we had tickets to see Hamilton in Orlando. It was amazing! I have seen the Disney version so many times, but it was even better in person.
We are in the car right now headed to Virginia to help Anna with the new baby. Then Kurt needs to head to to North Carolina to take care of some things with his dad's estate and check in on his sister. Monday is a teacher workday and there are so many early deadlines for college applications on October 15. So many good things happening! For now, I have some hexies to stitch in the car. I am desparate to start a new EPP project, but I will finish up my hexie snakes first. Two hand sewing projects at the same time is too many for me.
How are your purple scraps coming along so far? Mister Linky is below, please share your rainbow scrappy progress



No comments:
Post a Comment