Friday, October 3, 2008

Goodies in the Mail

I got two books in the mail yesterday for which I had been waiting anxiously. The first is a running book that I ordered when I got the Galloway running book earlier this year. I've been using his run/walk method for my most recent training efforts. This book is by his wife and is specifically targeted to women. It seems pretty good so far, trying to mix technical and inspirational bits together. I'm only three chapters in, but it does that thing where it repeats the same segments in different portions of the book. I guess running books aren't meant to be read cover to cover like a novel. The second book was Bonnie's new book which I would have felt obligated to buy even if it was horrible. It isn't of course. There are lots of comfy looking scrap quilts, almost all of them different from what is on her website. It has some information on leaders and enders and organization, but not as much detail as she offers on her website. There were a couple of new quilts that I might add to my to do list, but I'm being good right now and finishing what I have started.
Speaking of being good, I was out this afternoon running a few errands and made it out of Joann's with only the batting I needed for Dad's Plaids. I decided to go with an organic cotton. I've got a bag of bamboo that I am going to try on Hurricane Road. The main thing I needed while out was a new pair of running shoes. I have worn holes in my old pair and can really feel the difference on long runs. I tried to get them at our local running store. They have done such good things for running around here that I try to support them. They were out of my size in the style I wear and I ended up at Sport's authority instead. I've got 13.1 on the schedule for the morning so new shoes will be much appreciated. I'm off now to work at the football game at school. It's a big game tonight and if we win, we are sure to go to the district championship.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Well, I hope you won your game!
I am waiting to buy my book from Bonnie in person when she comes to my guild in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

OMGoodness! How did I miss this post???? I was browsing through your older posts to find that other pic of Ryan's "wild" smile :0)

I'm sure you feet ARE appreciating the new shoes!!! I also am patiently awaiting Bonnie's book---I ordered it as a very late afterthought, and I have PLENTY of other projects to keep me occupied, so......

And here is yet another similarity----our school is also very strong in FB this year----our Conference is all talking that we are going to be heading to the State Championship this year---just because no one can touch us. BUT, the heavy competition is yet to come as we approach the tournament finals.....