I think I mentioned that I got a bag of t-shirts at swim team this morning. I was doing laundry and sanitizing the house for most of the day. Ryan is feeling much better, though he slept most of the day away. Oh, I also put the finishing touches on Sydney's doll house. It is moved into the toy room and she is getting her family moved in already.
After dinner though, I sat down with a pair of scissors and started cutting apart shirts. It is so fun to see all the shirts and the events that they each represent. Schools, scouts, vacations, sports... what a fun collection.
After rough cutting the fronts, I dug out the lightweight fusible interfacing and cut out some 13 inch squares. When I've done adult quilts, the shirts ended up somewhere around 18 inches square, but these are kid sized shirts, so 12 inches is going to work better in this case. The interfacing gets ironed onto the back, centered behind the design.
After whacking off the extra fabric, I use a large square up ruler to trim the finished block.
The shirts came with three fabrics. I'll have to think about how to arrange them. I really like the frogs. The first 9 blocks got done before I ran out of interfacing. I guess I'd better make a trip to a fabric store soon. Well, I guess if I HAVE to go and shop I'll make the best of it.