Sunday, September 25, 2011

Big Giant WooHooo!

 I was sure at several points in time that this quilt would get the best of me.  I powered through though, slow and steady until the last stitch was sewn.
 I didn't even skip the intricate pieced border, though I was sorely tempted.  The plan was to put away the sewing at 4 and start grading free response essays from Fridays test, but I was too close to the end to give up.  As far as quilting, the plan is to save up several larger sized tops that are in various stages of completion so that the frame can be extended out to its full length temporarily.  I usually only keep it at a twin/full size so that it will fit in the study better.  I think it will still fit in the room even though it will be hard to walk around.  If not, I'll bring it out into the formal living/dining room for a weekend marathon of quilting.  For now though, I guess I'd better get started on those essays. 

15 comments:

Amy said...

Oh YAAYYYYYYYY Angela!!! Those colors are FABULOUS!!!! Love it!!!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel. I already had all the pieces for the border sewn, all those 5 piece strips. I am now putting them together. 2 sides done, 2 more to go! I will be just as happy as you when this one is DONE!

Judy D in WA said...

WHOOOHOOOO~~~

It's pretty darn fabulous! Way to stick with it and I love that border.

krisgray said...

Ohhh - so pretty! Congrats on the piecing finish.

Suzy said...

Looks great! I really love that border!

Jan Maree said...

Great quilt and well done on not giving up - it is well worth it! and Yay, do I spy orange? Yum!

Melinda said...

WTG! It looks fabulous. I also usually want to skip the border but putting in the time and effort to do it always pays off. Great job.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations! I know what an amazing accomplishment this is since I'm still struggling with mine!

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Wow!!
Bet you are glad you stuck with it.
Well done you!
Linda
Taupo
NZ

Jane said...

Looks fabulous, and the border was well worth it

Amanda said...

I've seen several of these quilts being made, but yours is the only one that has been finished. It looks fabulous, great colours. Will you be keeping this one for yourself? And now I'm off to sort out my orange scraps. Not my favourite colour, so I'll be looking for inspiration.

Ellen said...

Fabulous! I am glad you persevered and added the border - it really is wonderful.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Congrats on finishing it, looks beautiful!

Jo said...

It's WONDERFUL..Congrats on a great finish!!

Lynne said...

It's beautiful. I hope you're glad you persevered.