Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tiny Tuesday - Dancing Star

 Even though I was out of town for the weekend, and have lots of catching up that I should be doing,  I wanted to take time today to celebrate Tiny Tuesday.  This is Midget Block number 46 and it is called Dancing Star.  It has 36 pieces and was paper pieced in 8 sections. 
I tried to use a charm square for the red, but didn't have quite enough from one piece.  If you look closely you can see that there are two colors of red.  I'll pretend that I did it on purpose. It amazes me every time how much fabric gets used up in paper piecing. 
Have you seen the new button up in the left hand corner for the Crumb Along and Jo's Country Junction?   Today is the first day so there is plenty of time to join in.  A crumb quilt along seems to go nicely with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Maybe I can work the color of the month into my crumbs and make it all work together somehow?  In any case, I love playing with crumbs and joining in with other people will make it more fun.

10 comments:

Judee said...

wow, that is an intricate block and you did such an awesome job!

Char said...

I really like this block.

Amy said...

Oh GOSH! That's ADORABLE!!!! My favorite so far.

Crumb Challenge
Rainbow Scrap Challenge
Tiny Tuesdays....

hm......
your list is growing... :0)

Angie in SoCal said...

Love the red and white block - my favorite combo. And thanks for letting me know about the crumb-along. I went ahead and put the button on my blog and in my post put your post link so they'll know where I got into trouble -LOL.
Thanks!

Quilter Kathy said...

That block is adorable!
I'm definitely joining in the crumb quilt along...it's a great idea!

Deb A said...

Very cute block! I didn't even notice the red being different but I think it makes the block sing with the darker red in the centers. Don't you love how the 'mistakes' always seem to just make the blocks look better? Enjoy the crumb along...... I'd love to join in but I think it will take me that many weeks to find my fabrics once I get to my house. It seems the finished garage is packed full of boxes... and they include my sewing things.

Lynne said...

Another lovely block. How clever of you to use two different reds - a great design feature! ;-)

make.share.give said...

I totally noticed the two different reds and thought, "Wow, that darker red is really pretty."
Then I thought something like, "That Angela thinks of the prettiest scrappy color combos."
Then I thought, "Goodness, eight separate tiny pieces?"
All that thinking from one Tiny Tuesday blog post.

LuAnn said...

Oh Angela Your work is always so precise and the colors you choose just make your blocks glow and are always so interesting. I can't wait to see what that quilt looks like when it is put together!

Vicki H. said...

I love your block. I started posting "Tiny Tuesday's" a couple of weeks ago. Do you link anywhere?

Your piecing is great!