Sunday, April 26, 2015

Binding Time

It's been so long since I finished anything that I wasn't quite set up for binding.  I found my favorite thimble in the Monopoly box last night during family game time.  Sydney headed off to the county fair with her friend this afternoon, leaving me time to machine stitch the binding to the front.  Then when the men got home from D&D, it was pizza time with a movie.  So now we are all watching the Fifth Element while I hand stitch the binding down to the back.  I was happy to find my binding clips with the pins, and so I am all prepared to settle in.  I wasn't sure about this particular plaid flannel, but now that I am almost done, I am enjoying it.  I used a light green thread for the quilting and it blends surprisingly well with all the different colored shirts on the front as well as the backing fabric.  

7 comments:

sunny said...

I love the satisfaction of binding! I'm heading to my binding chair right now, to finish a purple project. Love the plaid.

Sheila said...

I love the cozy backing. Would not have thought to use it. Gives the quilt a masculine touch.

Delighted Hands said...

Sounds like a great family end to a day!

Kate said...

Sounds like you made lots of progress.

Julierose said...

My granddaughter's "Big Girl Bed" surprise quilt just has 8 more rows to be quilted (every stinkin' seam!!) then onto the binding...hopefully this week. I actually like binding..such a good feeling to reach that point..hugs, Julierose

Kevin the Quilter said...

Way to go!

Vic in NH said...

Okay, I must be educated. What was "D&D?", Please, I am clueless. Nice quilt and the flannel will be so very cozy!