Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sunday Recovery and Restoration

 My one job today is to quilt the t-shirt quilt.  After my review session yesterday, I stopped at Joann's and used my coupon to pick up some backing fabric.  They were out of the one I had picked out earlier, but I think this lighter version will work just great.
 Fist though, I will need to clear off my quilting frame.  Oh dear, how did it get that way?
 Speaking of chaos, yesterdays AP Biology review session was a big hit.  We had two teachers and 31 students for 6.5 hours of power learning.  Physics was going on at the same time, and they had 30 kids with 5 teachers.  So much fun!  Hopefully everyone will feel much more confident now going in to the big exam.  It was lots of fun meeting students from other schools, they had lots of good tips and tricks to share with us all.
This guy was a real charmer.  He was headed off to prom last night, so I hope that he had a great time.  Some of my own student were even nice enough to stay after and help with the clean up.  Boy was that nice!  There were even enough boxed lunches leftover for dinner, so I didn't have to cook last night.  Well, enough procrastination, I'm off to clear the quilting frame and load up my quilt.  

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Funny how those horizontal surfaces seem to fill up without us noticing. Good luck "finding" your machine (and getting that T-shirt quilt DONE)!!!

Angie said...

Yay for dedicated teachers! Hope you are able to excavate your quilt frame quickly and have some quality quilting time!

Dasha said...

You do such a lot for your students Angela. Good on you. That tee shirt quilt is looking good.

Dasha said...

You do such a lot for your students Angela. Good on you. That tee shirt quilt is looking good.

Delighted Hands said...

I'm glad the extra teaching went well. Now to dig into that quilt!

Nell's Quilts said...

What a great turn out for the study session. Looks like all were not only learning but having fun doing so. Yeah for dedicated teachers!!!!! If that green plaid is the backing it should be perfect for the t-shirt quilt. I just finished a match with horizontal surfaces so know what that can be like. Enjoy the long arm quilting once you unearth it of course.

Deb A said...

Your students are very lucky to have you as a teacher! Hope you had some fun playing with fabrics yesterday.