Sunday, August 20, 2017

Slow and Steady on Sunday

 I'm so close to being done with the center blocks for the orange peel blocks.  I think it is just this teal block and then two in browns.  Then border decisions will follow.
I also made good progress on the strings yesterday.  I was curious about whether I would be able to get enough contrast with just neutrals to still see the pattern.  I think that it will work.  Then I made a trek out to get some background and border fabrics for Nine Carat Diamonds.  More details to come, but I think it will be fabulous.
There is still a bit of schoolwork to be done before Monday, along with more laundry, but there should still be some time for a bit of hand quilting and maybe even a string block or two before the day is done.  I'm linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday and Oh Scrap! today.  Be sure to make a visit before your day gets underway.  

16 comments:

Jayne said...

Both projects are gorgeous! Love the orange peel blocks especially the hand quilting!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great string blocks!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Orange peels looks wonderful in the hoop :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your string blocks! That quilt is coming together. Enjoy some slow stitching before your busy week begins!

The Cozy Quilter said...

What fun, scrappy projects!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your scrappy projects look amazing. I like the string blocks with the black outlines. My next handwork quilt will be an orange peel. I like that working by hand makes you slow down and enjoy the project and fabrics I've chosen.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the orange peels! I don't want it to be finished so quickly... I want to see more of it :)
Enjoy your slow stitching today and thanks for linking up!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Can't WAIT to see what you found for your String quilt!!

Miaismine said...

Oh! I absolutely love how you added that black border to your strings! So pretty - I may have to copy you! And then neutral strings to keep the string theme! Such a creativity! Your orange peel is stunning! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Sounds like you are making progress in a lot of projects. I always love how colorful your quilts are. That string quilt is going to be amazing. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Julierose said...

Beautiful projects--I love string quilts and that black really makes your colors sing. And your orange peels are beautiful..enjoy your sunday hugs, Julierose

Sandy Panagos said...

You managed to get a lot of contrast with your neutrals. It looks great. Your hand-quilting is lovely. I really enjoy hand-quilting. Very relaxing!

CathieJ said...

Your quilts are very pretty. I really like the way the second one is progressing.

Danice G said...

Yes, both are beautiful. Someday, I plan on doing an orange peel quilt... It's amazing how much you accomplish every month :)

Kate said...

Beautiful and bright projects. Hope you've been able to get in some sewing time here and there now that school is back in session.

Debbie J said...

I love the hand quilting on the orange peel! Motivates me. Haven't been quilting lately, but its time!