Sunday, August 6, 2017

Thread Play


I was sure I wouldn't have enough colors of thread when I started hand quilting the orange peel quilt.  So I found some at Connecting Threads and hit order.  In hindsight, I should have waited until I was a little further along.  Lavender is pretty close to grey, and a then I found a spool of pink hiding in the thread basket.  Before long, all the blocks were quilted except orange, brown and teal.  Then yesterday, my thread order came in.  Orange is good, but how can there be no teal or brown in all of this?  Fortunately, I'm really enjoying quilting with the pearl cotton, so I'll line up the circle quilt to be ready for next on the list.  I'm sure of all these colors will come in handy then.  No rush though, isn't that all part of the point with hand quilting?  I'm enjoying each block as it comes and continuing to ponder the border.  I hope that you are finding some time to enjoy your Sunday.  Why not head over to see what slow stitching other quilters are up to at Kathy's Quilts?  

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great bright colors!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! I'm SEW impressed with your progress. Even with big stitch, I'm WAY slower than that!

Deb said...

This is such a colorful quilt and I'm sure you will get plenty of use for all those new threads.

Charlotta said...

Michael's carries lots of Perle cottons, so if you're anywhere near a Michael's you might have some luck finding your missing colors there.

Anne Ida said...

Such bright cheery colours! Best of luck in the hunt for teal and brown :-)

Mia said...

It is a great quilt, my friend! Love it!

Nell's Quilts said...

I'll have to try some of that big stitch quilting on a quilt that's been waiting to be quilted for a long time.

Kate said...

You are moving along with this project! Hope you got in some good stitching time this weekend.

CathieJ said...

Love the thread colors. I am looking forward to seeing that pretty quilt when it is all quilted.

Adventurous Quilter said...

I make my own teal using strands of DMC in green and blues together. Your orange peal is looking fabulous

Sandy Panagos said...

I quilted with Perle cotton last year and found brown online somewhere. I didn't want to pay that much shipping so a local year shop ordered it for me. I know they make teal as well. Google "brown perle cotton" and "teal perle cotton" and you'll find it. Or check a yarn shop. Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the bright colors.