Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thursday is for Sharing

I finished up the sharing quilt and it is ready to go to school tomorrow. I had trouble getting the sewing machine to do letters properly. I knew I should have taken all those orientation classes that went with the new machine! I could make it do letters one by one, but I couldn't figure out how to make it remember a sequence of letters. They ended up a little crickety from all the starting and stopping, but it is finished none the less. I tried some of the new variegated thread that I ordered from Connecting Threads and it worked quite well. I got several other goodies at the same time because they will ship free with a $50 order. The prices seem quite good and I've been happy with everything I've ordered so far.
As we were getting ready for bed tonight, Ryan came down with a tooth in his hand. It's been loose for quite a while, and finally fell out tonight. Then he rushed into the kitchen to write a note for the tooth fairy explaining that he swallowed his last two teeth accidentally and asking if he could have money for those as well.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Unfortunately I can't see your machined words, but I'm sure they're fine - and how pleased your priest will be to receive such a surprise. Number 1 son swallowed his first lost tooth, and the second one went down the drain, so he wrote to the tooth fairy too - I still treasure the letters.

Julie said...

How cute! I'm sure the tooth fairy understood.

Amy said...

When I have a few moments, I'll zip you a quick tutorial on programming a sequence of letters---nothing to difficult :0) The quilt is absolutely darling!

And that pic! At first I thought he was practicing his "blood-sucking-vampire" face for Halloween! :0) And, if the tooth-fairy around here understands about losing a tooth that was sealed in a baggie, which was THEN placed in an envelope, I'm sure she'll understand about swallowed teeth :0)

BTW---side note: while cleaning her room this summer, Cassie FOUND her "lost" tooth and tried to get the Tooth Fairy to pay her again. Fat chance! I think the tooth fairy was smarter than that :0)

Amy said...

ugh! I know I'm not an English teacher...but...

nothing TOO difficult! (not 'to')


(obsessive compulsive coming out in me--sorry!)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love the explanation for the tooth fairy, I hope that all worked out for him! Great word quilt, thanks for SHARING!!